STATEMENT TO AGENTS, VENDORS AND BUYERS FROM DUBBO REGIONAL COUNCIL AND DUBBO STOCK AND STATION AGENTS
On the proviso of following of strict Covid safe protocols, NSW Health have provided approval for the reinstatement of sales at Dubbo Regional Livestock Markets next week.
The sheep sale on Monday 13th September and prime cattle sale on Thursday 16th September will now be proceeding.
In order to prioritise public health and safety attendance at the sale will include the following requirements:
· Only pre-approved DRLM Staff, DRLM agents, DSSA staff, genuine registered pre-approved commission/company buyers (and carriers who are remain with truck and must not attend sale) are permitted on site. Pre-approval attendance to sales is centrally coordinated by DSSA Secretary.
· Upon entry, pre-approved attendees will be required to show proof of a negative COVID test taken within 48 hours of each sale. This is known as surveillance testing, and unless attendees are showing symptoms, or are an identified close or casual contact of a case – they will not need to isolate whilst awaiting results.
· Mandatory check-in and fitted face masks are also a condition of entry, in line with NSW Health’s Public Health Order.
· Strict distancing of buyers, agents and operational staff will be enforced, including issuing of fines for non-compliance by NSW Police.
· Graziers who are delivering or collecting stock but not attending the sale or interacting closely with sale attendees do not need to show a negative test at the gate.
· Café will be operating in a takeaway only capacity – with mandatory COVID check in.
Advice regarding where to get surveillance testing will be provided to pre-approved attendees by 12pm 10th September 2021. This will enable time for surveillance testing to be undertaken over the weekend in time for Monday’s sheep sale. The requirements for surveillance testing within 48 hours to any sale will be in place for a fortnight – up to and including the cattle sale on Thursday 23rd September. Any individual concerns regarding ability to meet surveillance testing requirements are to be discussed with DSSA Secretary.
If you have any questions, please phone your preferred agent or the DSSA on 02 6882 2523.